Why does it seem like everyone forgets about Kida, Pocahontas, and Mulan? All 3 of those princesses, though mostly forgotten, were never trying to find love, though they did find it in the end. Kida wanted to help her people/learn more about how to help them. Pocahontas also wanted to help her people and also wanted to stop a war from breaking out. Then Mulan wanted to find out who she really was/wanted to make her father proud of her. Everyone forgets about these wonderful princesses and it’s a shame because their strong, beautiful, and smart; plus they can kick some butt.
Cuz we BROWN y’all… so so brown….
Therefore, we don’t exist lol
This is what irks me. MULAN ESPECIALLY. She did everything so she could save her father from death. Their was absolutely no romantic motivation involved. All other three princesses up above fit this as well.
Guys…was Belle or even Ariel at first looking for someone to love?
How about Jasmine?
I don’t think any of them were looking for love.
Jasmine just started out wanting free from a life where she was told what to do.
Ariel wanted to be part of a different world, because she felt like an outcast and felt the human world would accept her more. (she wanted to be human BEFORE she met Eric thank you).
Belle felt like no one understood her, and she even said in her song, she wants something beyond her, something bigger than her, something so big that she can barely even fathom it (that’s deep)
Belle: I want so much more than they got planned.
Heck she also wants a friend who would understand and accept her. She noted how she didn’t have any friends in town, and in her I want song, this…
Belle: If someone could understand…
She wasn’t looking for romance.
Jane was looking for the gorillias for her and her father to study.
Oh and here’s an old school disney princess for you.
Was she looking for romance? NO! She wasn’t honestly. She just went to that party because for once in her life she wanted to have fun, not being told what to do, and enjoy herself for once. She wanted to do something for once, something she wants to do.
She met the prince and love at first sight happened there.
Megera only wanted freedom from Hades.
And how about Rapunzel from Tangled. She only wanted to go outside for once, to see the lights. Love wasn’t on her mind either.
So yeah….screw you media.
UGH GOD YES THANK YOU BLESS THIS POST LEMME KISS YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUU, LITERALLy, i’ve been bothered by this since i heard that said, but i wasn’t entirely sure why, and you just entirely put your finger on it.
Making the whole point of Merida (i still haven’t seen the movie) that she has no love interest is far worse then it would be if she had one to start with. i’m not saying that’s what the movie is about, necessarily (i haven’t seen it still so really i cant judge) but i feel like Disney is certainly pushing the point.
defining a girl character by whether or not she has a romance is basically saying that her romantic role is all that can be significant about her character, when in reality, there is SO MUCH MORE that these princesses (and not-princesses) have done, have been motivated by etc.
- andromedatonks likes this
- sophialorens likes this
- einbuergeraufirrwegen likes this
- thrandulee reblogged this from formerlymyladymother
- snowknightling reblogged this from multifandomnerd
- snowknightling likes this
- multifandomnerd reblogged this from tobiswife
- parisii-girl likes this
- sayywhatwhat reblogged this from tobiswife
- punkdesignercat likes this
- bakanakoto reblogged this from tobiswife
- ldreamemporium reblogged this from tobiswife
- ldreamemporium likes this
- dixiethefox19 likes this
- sango-hentaitenshi reblogged this from jfcrorynotagain
- captain-pyro likes this
- finallyhopingtobecomehappy reblogged this from cunningaesthete
- onetwistedfrootloop likes this
- alwaysamoose reblogged this from theuppitynegras
- cunningaesthete reblogged this from thenameiskaleigh
- sweetbabyrhay likes this
- leoxmukuro6900 reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- leoxmukuro6900 likes this
- alliefaithers reblogged this from comfybluepants
- replayrobert likes this
- demonuserftw reblogged this from rue-of-equality
- dearuth likes this
- ninja-in-the-moonlight reblogged this from itsquizzy
- thingcalledusfanfiction likes this
- fallingonlyforyou reblogged this from cheebraxroses
- scrappel likes this
- whoknowswhatthehellthisis likes this
- toomanyforgottendreams reblogged this from blashfullady and added:
- psychopudding reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- itsquizzy reblogged this from robinofthehood13
- itsquizzy likes this
- robinofthehood13 reblogged this from i-am-your-secret
- grandautocrat likes this
- keira-kane reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- mo-the-half reblogged this from mizustar
- oh-heyyitssophia713 reblogged this from mizustar
- mizustar reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- mizustar likes this
- shingeki-no-brojin reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- battybirds reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- comfybluepants reblogged this from chihiro-is-chiherenomore
- captainpotatowedges reblogged this from captain-raviolevi
- captain-raviolevi reblogged this from chihiro-is-chiherenomore
- chihiro-is-chiherenomore reblogged this from blashfullady
- i-am-your-secret reblogged this from sixpenceee