Why does it seem like everyone forgets about Kida, Pocahontas, and Mulan? All 3 of those princesses, though mostly forgotten, were never trying to find love, though they did find it in the end. Kida wanted to help her people/learn more about how to help them. Pocahontas also wanted to help her people and also wanted to stop a war from breaking out. Then Mulan wanted to find out who she really was/wanted to make her father proud of her. Everyone forgets about these wonderful princesses and it’s a shame because their strong, beautiful, and smart; plus they can kick some butt.
Cuz we BROWN y’all… so so brown….
Therefore, we don’t exist lol
This is what irks me. MULAN ESPECIALLY. She did everything so she could save her father from death. Their was absolutely no romantic motivation involved. All other three princesses up above fit this as well.
Guys…was Belle or even Ariel at first looking for someone to love?
How about Jasmine?
I don’t think any of them were looking for love.
Jasmine just started out wanting free from a life where she was told what to do.
Ariel wanted to be part of a different world, because she felt like an outcast and felt the human world would accept her more. (she wanted to be human BEFORE she met Eric thank you).
Belle felt like no one understood her, and she even said in her song, she wants something beyond her, something bigger than her, something so big that she can barely even fathom it (that’s deep)
Belle: I want so much more than they got planned.
Heck she also wants a friend who would understand and accept her. She noted how she didn’t have any friends in town, and in her I want song, this…
Belle: If someone could understand…
She wasn’t looking for romance.
Jane was looking for the gorillias for her and her father to study.
Oh and here’s an old school disney princess for you.
Was she looking for romance? NO! She wasn’t honestly. She just went to that party because for once in her life she wanted to have fun, not being told what to do, and enjoy herself for once. She wanted to do something for once, something she wants to do.
She met the prince and love at first sight happened there.
Megera only wanted freedom from Hades.
And how about Rapunzel from Tangled. She only wanted to go outside for once, to see the lights. Love wasn’t on her mind either.
So yeah….screw you media.
UGH GOD YES THANK YOU BLESS THIS POST LEMME KISS YOU
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUU, LITERALLy, i’ve been bothered by this since i heard that said, but i wasn’t entirely sure why, and you just entirely put your finger on it.
Making the whole point of Merida (i still haven’t seen the movie) that she has no love interest is far worse then it would be if she had one to start with. i’m not saying that’s what the movie is about, necessarily (i haven’t seen it still so really i cant judge) but i feel like Disney is certainly pushing the point.
defining a girl character by whether or not she has a romance is basically saying that her romantic role is all that can be significant about her character, when in reality, there is SO MUCH MORE that these princesses (and not-princesses) have done, have been motivated by etc.
- writer5647 likes this
- konoei reblogged this from tobiswife
- konoei likes this
- twerkingfefeta likes this
- melodychuflay likes this
- someonesvoiceofreason likes this
- bitter-black-beans likes this
- sleepydoomkitty3 likes this
- sleepydoomkitty3 reblogged this from hikariwilliamskirklandtrancy
- stormeagle reblogged this from hikariwilliamskirklandtrancy
- canker-knight reblogged this from hikariwilliamskirklandtrancy
- canker-knight likes this
- kittykat1001001 likes this
- sakurakous likes this
- hikariwilliamskirklandtrancy reblogged this from ashynarr
- hikariwilliamskirklandtrancy likes this
- acrushonesmeralda reblogged this from wisepuma23
- acrushonesmeralda likes this
- silverheart97 reblogged this from ashynarr
- silverheart97 likes this
- ameripants reblogged this from thatmexicanhippie
- magicboxandangelwings reblogged this from kat2y5
- n1k1takhrushchev reblogged this from ashynarr
- kat2y5 reblogged this from wisepuma23
- 1directionfection likes this
- wisepuma23 reblogged this from ashynarr
- wisepuma23 likes this
- thatmexicanhippie reblogged this from ashynarr
- nocturnaandstuff likes this
- ashynarr reblogged this from cutepiku
- ninjakandle reblogged this from hellyeahmulan
- ninjakandle likes this
- jessaboo1998 likes this
- disney-for-lyfe likes this
- disneighfilms likes this
- dream-mystic reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- dream-mystic likes this
- police-box-romance likes this
- hannaenchiladas reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- cartoonaddictt reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- cottenmouthkisser likes this
- rebel-royalty likes this
- shawnheartslassie reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- shawnheartslassie likes this
- notsoteenwolf reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- changing-your-fate reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- changing-your-fate likes this
- carlitabg reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- doyouwannabuildadisneyblog reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell
- faith-trust-andsomethingelse reblogged this from mulan-tinkerbell